The Office for Civil Rights has revealed the top areas of interest on its HIPAA privacy and security compliance radar.
Adam Greene, former senior health information technology and privacy advisor at OCR and now partner at the law firm Davis Wright Tremaine in Washington, D.C., recently discussed each hot topic with HealthLeaders Media.
- Hotspot: Incident detection and response (OCR’s top issue)
- Hotspot: Review of log access
- Hotspot: Secure wireless network
- Hotspot: Management of user access and passwords
- Hotspot: Theft or loss of mobile devices
- Hotspot: Up-to-date software
- Hotspot: Role based access – lack of information access management